- To compose a sentence for writing.
- To use full stops, capital letters and finger spaces in all our sentences.
- To write, read and perform poetry.
- To use our phonic knowledge of ‘letter sounds’ to read and write words.
- To read some more common words by sight.
- To write for different purposes, such as letters and lists.
- To re-tell stories in the correct order.
- To improve our handwriting.
- To use drama to help us write imaginatively.
- To comment on a shared text and use questions to find out more about a text.
- To recognise the difference between fiction and information books.
- Count reliably at least 20 objects.
- Count on and back in ones from any small number, and in tens from and back to zero
- Read, write and order numbers from 0 to at least 20
- Within the range 0 to 30, say the number that is 1 or 10 more or less than any given number
- Understand how to add and subtract
- To know all pairs of numbers which total 10
- Solve simple problems using counting, addition, subtraction, doubling and halving, explaining methods and reasoning orally
- Compare two lengths, masses or capacities
- Use everyday language to describe features of familiar 3-D and 2-D shapes
- To use different graphs and charts to record information.
- Animals including humans
- Sorting and Using Materials
- Seasonal changes – plants
- To log on and off the computer
- To save and open work
- To print our work
- To look at pictograms and answer questions
- To access and use the internet safely for research
Enquiry based learning
- All about Me – We have been learning about our families and looking at the environment where we live. We walked around Wandsworth and looked at the different types of buildings. We also learnt about maps.
- People Who Help Us – We learnt about the history of Mary Seacole and found out how she helped the soldiers in the Crimea. We also learnt about
- Houses and Homes – We looked at different houses and homes and how they have changed through history and made models of them using different materials as well as learning about appliances.
- Rivers – We learnt about the geography of rivers in field work and map work.
- In history we learnt about the Great Fire of London.
- Journey to the UK – We learnt about the geography of the UK, finding out about the cities and countries, focusing on using maps and carrying out fieldwork.
- Belonging to Christianity
- Christmas Gifts
- Islamic Beliefs and Practices
- Festivals and Celebrations
- Sikhism and Guru Nanak
Oral and vocabulary learning, covering Greetings, colours, months of the year, how old they are, days of the week, numbers, birthdays, pets, family in order to:
- Speak with increasing confidence, find ways of communicating and be able to ask questions.
- Understand and respond to spoken language.