Key Stage Two
As pupils in Key Stage 2 will be new to French this year, they will all start to learn from a scheme of work called Rigolo. They will be learning vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and intonation so that they will be able to:
- Engage in conversations, read and show understanding of their language
- Explore patterns and sounds in French through songs and rhymes
- Read and show understanding
- Write sentences, expressing their ideas clearly and be able to describe people, places and things
- Speak clearly in order to express themselves well, describing people, places and things
- Understand and recognise how to use grammar when reading, writing and speaking.
A more detailed breakdown of each year group’s learning can be found under the menu for Classes on this website.
Supporting their learning at home
There are a number of websites that offer fun games that your children can try at home to support what they are learning at school. Click on the links below to have a go!